1. Duc, The guide on Indochian junk was excellent: warm personality, good English, enthusiatic, fun. We were throughly impressed with Indochina Junk Co.. Everything about the tour was excellent, food, accommodation, warm, enthusiastic guide & crew that aimed to please . Apprecated their having PFD's (life vests) for Kayaks,. Weather was cool/cold and gray, but they made the things fun anyway. The food sculpture they created for our last meal wre fantastic. Everything was filled with too much delicuous food.
2. Mr. Linn, in Hanoi was good. English not as good, but still pleasant.
3. Mr. Thinh, in Lao Cai/Sapa had excellent English skills, was warm & welcoming.
4. All guides were wonderful with our kids.
5. Sapa Bamboo Hotel tries hard and has good accommodation but it was cold and heat was only on from 5 PM to 9 PM.
6. Throughly enjoyed our time with Mr. thinh in Sapa, especially the first day when our timing coincided with a spring first plowing festival i Ta Van. He also took us on two short treks - perfect for our young children - to hilltribe villages and did a nice job of answering our questionsand allowing us to go at our pace.
7. Vans for transoprt were good quality with safe drivers.
8. We have never used a travel agent to travel outside the U.S. It was a ncie luxury to have so many details ( like airport transfers and accommodations) finalized beforehand, and being able to take advantage of your experience to find local experts. Thank you !
Trip: Customized Vietnam Tour